LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_McN

Easy Moving of Unit Test Files

When you first create a unit test an lvtest file is created next to the VI under test in both the project and on disk.

In order to keep things tidy I like to move my lvtest files under a single tests folder but this move on disk requires you to relink each test to the VI under test, even if moved from within the project.

This is extremely tedious, it should be possible to move them in the project without having to relink every time.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
1 Comment
tyk007
Active Participant

Fortunately this is not an issue if you use user defined tests since you can move the user defined test into the same folder along with the lvtest file.

However when using the lvtest file directly this can be a pain - especially when the VIs under test are in a project library that is intended to be compiled into a packed project library - the lvtest files become "dependencies" of the build. The built PPL then becomes dependent on the hundreds of lvtest files in the build output folder! Maybe the latest options to PPL builds (exclusions) in 2014 might assist with this.