LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intaris

Easier handling of Case structures

Available in LabVIEW 2020 and later. You can now remove frames from a multi-frame structure from the 'Rearrange Cases' dialog. This operation supports multi-select, so multiple frames can be removed in a single operation.

I just ran into a situation today where I had a case structure with approximately 64 frames in it, 48 of which I wanted to remove.

The method of right-click the selector, select "Remove Case" (This step is right beside the "Insert Case" which is frustrating), repeat 48 times while the mouse is wandering all over the screen between the case selector and the menu selection..... cue carpal tunnel problems.

I really wished I could just either use the "delete" and "insert" buttons to mimic the appropriate menu selections

-OR-

Be able to select multiple cases from the "Rearrange cases" window and select "Delete".

19 Comments
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Thanks George for sharing (this and everything else)!

I hope the fact we can do it our self isn't an argument for not implementing it natively... There is a difference between ability to do it yourself, and having it included in LabVIEW though. Mostly in the level of convenience.

zou
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Before NI implement it, you can implement your own version.  That's all I'm saying.

I have no objection to ask NI to implement this feature.

George Zou
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Development

crossrulz
Knight of NI

I'm guessing "In Development" with this little guy that showed up this morning: Rearrange Cases.llb

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Beta

SeanJ
Active Participant

Deleting 30 cases....😥

Looking forward to this feature.  We're running 2018, will we need to update to 2020 to see it?

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

SeanJ: Yes. LV R&D has made the decision not to have later installers add right-click plugins to the shared directories (for various reasons). However, if you head over to https://ni.com/lvmenus you can find lots of right-click plugins to add on, including this one for older LV versions. You can then install it yourself, along with others you find interesting.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW 2020 and later. You can now remove frames from a multi-frame structure from the 'Rearrange Cases' dialog. This operation supports multi-select, so multiple frames can be removed in a single operation.

Intaris
Proven Zealot

😍