cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc Blumentritt

Dynamic menu creation of project VIs in functions palette

Available in NI LabVIEW 2009

Hello everybody,

in many projects I create some VIs, which I use as sub VIs in different VIs of my project. If I want to drop one of these sub VIs in a VI, I have either to switch to the project explorer an grab it there or right-click on the block diagramm and use the functions palette -> Select a VI... . It would be nice (and save time), if I could use the functions palette to directly browse my project VIs. Some sort of dynamic menu creation for project VIs, organized like the project tree folders. If projects could get a default icon as libraries and classes, this icon could be set as palette icon. And if there is a library in one folder (perhaps with a default icon), make this library as a sub menu in the functions palette.

Marc

CLD
7 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

If you could, theoretically, drop project items from Quick Drop, would that be a sufficient solution?  Because it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a feature along these lines in a future LabVIEW version.

-D

Marc Blumentritt

Quickdrop is since LabVIEW8.6, right? Have not worked with it, but sounds good. I think, I could get used to it, so yes, it would be a sufficient solution. Thumps up!

Marc

CLD
Darren
Proven Zealot

LabVIEW 2009 allows you to drop project items with Quick Drop.  If this is a sufficient solution for this idea, I will try to get a moderator to mark this idea as "Complete".

-D

Todd S.
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
Implemented in LabVIEW 2009.
Todd S.
LabVIEW Community Manager
National Instruments
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am changing the status from Completed to Declined because Completed should only be ideas that R&D see on Idea Exchange, actively developed on it based on the idea here, and it was added to the product.

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined