LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
தமிழ்நேரம்

Dupicate frame for Flat sequence

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Similar to Duplicate frame in stacked sequence structure please add one for Flat sequence as well to duplicate the frame.

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

6 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Please try to sell your idea a bit more to why you think this is necessary.

I really doubt you'll get much traction with your idea as in general, the use of sequence structures is generally discouraged.

altenbach
Knight of NI

I don't uderstand why you think that duplicating code is a good idea in general. In fact it is a very bad idea!

If the same code needs to execute twice in a row, it simply belongs inside a FOR loop. Use shift registers to update the values between iterations.

Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-duplicate-frame-to-the-flat-sequence-context-menu/...

I would have no problem if the workaround I describe there is automated, just so there is symmetry in the LV universe.  I do not really see any need to try to refine the results.

தமிழ்நேரம்

I had to show case a demo with various passible inputs for a VI and its result. I put the first combination of inputs in the first frame. then I felt i need the same code in all four frames with different inputs. if it was a stacked sequence I had the option to duplicate the case since it was flat i had to copy paste the code 4 times after adding a new frame everytime.

அன்புடன்
தமிழ் நேரம்
முதல் இந்திய ஆய்வுமெகபொப சிற்பி
சோதனைநிறுத்தம் சிற்பி
மற்ற சான்றிதழ்கள்
யாதும் ஊரே! யாவரும் கேளிர்!!

altenbach
Knight of NI

>  had to show case a demo with various passible inputs for a VI and its result. I put the first combination of inputs in the first frame. then I felt i need the same code in all four frames with different inputs.

I still don't understand why there has to be a sequence at all. Why does the order of calcuation matter in this case? Just create one possibility, then select and ctrl-drag it three times to create the duplicate code. No frames needed.

In any case, if you really insist, you can make it as a stacked sequence first, then convert it to a flat sequence by right-clicking. 😉

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.