From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
EngrStudent

Diagram disable on indicators makes them invisible

When I build, I like to test each step.  That means that I make a bunch of "debugging" indicators.  Some might prefer probes and breakpoints, but I like the "build as you go" and "don't use too many tools".  The challenge here is that about 80% of indicators that I make, I have to delete.

I wish there were a version of "diagram disable" that is specified in the block diagram, that worked for the front pane, and left me some tiny asterisk instead of the indicator, that didn't hit program execution times, and that when I configure execution the asterisks can be made to disappear. 

This would allow me to revisit my code, to access all of my debugging methods very quickly and intuitively, and to not necessarily change the final layout of the front panel after my debug is done.

3 Comments
Intaris
Proven Zealot

See HERE and HERE

EngrStudent
Active Participant

@Intaris - They say "great minds think alike", but I am too new here so it feels more like "a broken clock is right once a day".  I am gratified to have seen the need you saw earlier.  I think it would improve the productizeability of LabVIEW.  It makes it reproducible, maintainable,and extensible.

Darren
Proven Zealot