LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Oleg_B.

Define Conditional Disable Symbol as Labview property

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

With use Conditional Disable Structure developer define custom Conditional Disable Symbols as Project property.

I think, add option to define Conditional Disable Symbols as Labview property.

Now I use Project code in two computers with different MS Office versions (2013 and 2016).

Because part of Office functions in different versions has different count of parameters (example, Save As), I must replace Invoke mode each time open my project in other PC

3 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Sounds like you should be using an Object Oriented setup instead of the Conditional Diagram Disable.  You can have the initialization detect which version of Office is installed and initiate the corresponding object.  Then you just have 2 or 3 classes to handle your different cases and you never have to change your property nodes again.  It would even make the built executable extensible so that you don't have to worry about it on the deployment computer either.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

You can set those conditions (but not easily).

Problem is that changing them would require a recompile of all VIs using that condition. A property node for setting them might not help you that much. It would still be a two step action: run the VI to set the property, run the code after recompile. Pretty much like changing the condition manually. Convenient for building multiple executables though (changing the condition in the pre build step).

EDIT: Not sure OO will fix this, as those methods will actually break the code. So putting the code in a child, will break the entire hierarchy, and prevent building executables. So dynamic loading would be required...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.