LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmichalak

Datalogging and supervisory control module support for Labview 2018 64-bit

64bit has been the dominant architecture for a decade; any computer with more than ~2.5GB of RAM must use it after all. It is inevitable that 32-bit machines will cease to be made - maybe not tomorrow, but let's be realistic. Let's get ahead of the times and convert modules to support 64 bit. Please!

5 Comments
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

I do not think this will happen, or it should happen. Specially, because the "future LabVIEW" will be anyway a NXG. NXG is only 64 bit, so its toolkits will be also 64 bits.

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

>I do not think this will happen, or it should happen. Specially, because the "future LabVIEW" will be anyway a NXG. NXG is only 64 bit, so its toolkits will be also 64 bits.

You don't think it will or should happen, because it will happen? You've lost me...

The suggestion is to (finally) convert to 64 bit.

Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

You don't think it will or should happen, because it will happen? You've lost me...

The suggestion is to (finally) convert to 64 bit.

I meant that it is very unlikely that NI would make ALL of the toolkits compatible with (traditional) LabVIEW 64bit. NXG will eventually replace LabVIEW, so I imagine the main effort for future toolkit support is done in the field of NXG dev...

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

Ah, your remark makes more sense now. I hope it's not the case though.

Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

Ah, your remark makes more sense now. I hope it's not the case though.

I just purely guess about this matter...