From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hooovahh

Data Aware QuickDrop Results

This idea is to improve the QuickDrop search window, to return functions that might be betters suited, based on the datatype of the selected function or wire.  Lets say I have a 1D array of numerics selected and I want to reverse it.  I will select the wire, then invoke QD and type "reverse".  But the first item in the list is actually "Reverse String".  With a context aware QD hopefully the search window will see I have an array of numerics, and prioritize the Reverse 1D Array function, and still include the reverse string but maybe push it farther down the list.  

This idea can be applied to the basic data types pretty easily (numerics, boolean, array, string, cluster).  But we could also use this on class wires that are selected.  A class library can have an associated mnu file, which is why some functions you can right click and the corresponding subpalette menu comes up.  So this idea could also prioritize functions that are found in the mnu associated with the class.

1 Comment
prettypwnie
Active Participant

You might enjoy the MGI Class Method Browser, which does something similar to this idea for classes and actors! http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/215891