From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raphschru

Create Property Node or Invoke Node from Auto-Indexed Tunnel

When using refnum arrays with auto-indexed tunnels in loops, I often bump into the absence of the submenus "Property for <ClassName> Class" and "Method for <ClassName> Class" in the "Create" Menu.

The submenus appear when right-clicking normal tunnels, shift registers, wires, subVI terminals, Constants, Controls, everywhere, except for auto-indexed tunnels.

image.pngThis idea is a revival of an old post from Darin.K : https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Create-Property-or-Invoke-Nodes-from-Auto-indexed-tun...

which has been declined in 2015 for too low priority reason, but since it is still annoying now (e.g. with LV 2018), especially when using VI server (dynamic VI calls, UI elements manipulation, VI Scripting...), I think NI should reconsider it.

2 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

We can leave it open, but getting dev time on a feature this small is going to take a lot of kudos. I get that it is annoying, but the LV 20xx dev team is smaller today than it was in LV 2015 when the CARs were closed.

raphschru
Active Participant

I understand, thanks for taking the time to reply.