LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Blokk

Copy diagram to case (extra option next to the "Swap Diagram With Case")

I often have a Case structure, where I have all the cases created, but they are empty. I start to work on a case, and to speed up the work, I would like to copy the same content to another case, for further modification. I know I can just use the "Duplicate Case" option, but in this way I have more extra steps to do: either typing in or copy/pasting in the selector label of the target case, plus I need to delete the original case (since in this way I will end up two cases with same selector labels).

If we had an option via right click: "Copy diagram to case", this would make all this just much faster and easier!

copy_diagram_tocase.png

9 Comments
Mythilt

A Plugin could most likely be written to do this if desired.

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

Could you direct me pls how I can make such plugin?

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Instructions for writing new right-click menu options are at the bottom of this page under the heading

"Creating Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins"

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvhowto/shortcutmenuplugins_intro/

Note: Just because this can be written as a customer plug-in does not negate the idea of LabVIEW adding this ability natively. The idea remains open for comments and kudos.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

and somewhere in there is the instructions: Read This First

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks for links!

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

What about the Search function?

This is a duplicate of a duplicate... found looking for "Duplicate Case":

Add "Copy Case Contents To" right-click menu

new feature "copy case for every value"

Blokk
Trusted Enthusiast

What about the Search function?

I am sorry, before my post I only did a quick search, for sure I failed it, since I did not see those ones you show.

edit: so label this Idea as "duplicate", I voted for the other idea behind your link.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

No worries. It just sounded familiar, so I looked for something similar and had no problem finding it.

Darren
Proven Zealot