LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
r_good

Close documentation window with Shift + Enter

It would be great if we could close the documentation editor window by entering <Shift> + Enter.  Several other LabVIEW IDE dialogs and text entry objects work this way already.  We can open the properties with a keyboard shortcut, and if we were last using the documentation, no mouse work is needed, except to close the dialog.  When I already have both hands on the keyboard, it would be nice to not have to grab the mouse just to close the dialog.

Edited to suggest using unused modifier key, Ctrl is already taken.

5 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I use Ctrl+Enter to put in a new line in the VI documentation.  Maybe Atl+Enter isn't being used?  My initial test didn't do anything.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
r_good

Doesn't enter already do that?

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Not if "End text entry with Enter key" is enabled.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
r_good

Ahh, I see.  I use the opposite, as you probably guessed.  Sure, maybe Alt-Enter or Shift-Enter would be less intrusive

r_good

I updated the post for using Shift instead of Ctrl; I forgot that was already in use.