LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dekay

Clean up Probe Window Graph

Moved to CAR database: CAR 571556

In Probe Window, right clicking on the Graph of a probed waveform and selecting Visible Items/Graph Pallet allows you to zoom in on a portion of the graph.

However, the zoom button has been moved outside of the cluster, and can't be moved. Useful feature, but just needs a cleanup.

8 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Uh? Zoom button is fine on my version (LV 2013 XP 32bits).

Dekay

Mine's out of whack:

Probe Window - zoom.png

Anybody know how to fix it? It doesn't move, even with the program stopped. Something similar to edit controls, or??? The version is 2012, 32bit.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I withdraw what I said. I was not using a "Waveform" probe, but a "Custom Probe" which I chose to be a Chart (I used a simple numeric as the source).

If I use a waveform as a source, and use the default "probe" for that, which is what you are displaying, then yes, even in 2013, that bug occurs.

Definitely a bug.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

This is not an Idea, this is a bug report and it is still active in LV 2015. Please fill a CAR at the very least!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Moved to CAR database: CAR 571556

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

There is actually a related bug for Chart, as illustrated below:

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 15.12.32.png

Choosing a Custom Probes>>Controls>>Graphs>>Waveform Graph as a probe will maximize the graph size and present it "bare". You can (try to) show some additional tools (only AFTER it is executed once, which I suppose does not qualify as a bug but merely as a "feature"), such as Graph Palette or the Cursor Legend, but they will end up outside the visible area. Resizing the probe window doesn't help.

This is also true of XY Graphs and Waveform Charts.

Tested in LV 2015 64 bits.

ChrisStrykesAgain
Active Participant

CAR 571556 has been fixed in LabVIEW 2016. Please see the LabVIEW 2016 Bug Fix List for more information.

--------------------------------------