LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
ivorypig

Can wires in LabVIEW

Idea would not work in many tight wiring situations. Making it an optional setting would just create another style setting to debate about, and having all wires appear similar is important to the readability when shared between developers or online.

Is it posible to set Fillet/Chamfer for wires in LabVIEW block diagram, like in CAD...

Right angle everywhere looks a little rigid...

7 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Are you asking a question about whether you can?  Or suggesting this as an improvement to LabVIEW?

It sounds like you are just asking a question.  And no, you can't chamfer wires.

I don't understand the title to your message.  The word "can" makes no sense here.

ivorypig

I'm sorry. But I'm suggest an improvement. I have been a LabVIEW user since 8.2..but never found a method to configure wires in Block Diagram with a chamfer or a fillet.

Why wires in LabVIEW always turn 90 degree at a corner?

So I suggest if it's possible to set a radius or an angle for bending wires,just like a circuit diagram or a mechanical drawing. 

What's your opinion ,,RavensSmiley Happy

Is this a stupid mind

PaulG.
Active Participant

Chamfers and fillets in mechanical drawings are there for a purpose and not to make the lines look "pretty". Making wires bend in chamfers and fillets will not add one iota of functionality (or IMO readability) to the block diagram.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast

My first LabVIEW mentor told me once that a VI becomes less efficient as you increase the number of wire bends.  Yeah.  You remember that, don't you, Denise!?!?! Smiley Mad

From here:

Example_VI_BD.png

I put round corners on my wires.  Sometimes I use a sinusoid...

Example_VI_BD.png

I had to make vugie's JKI RCF plugin into a Quick Drop plugin, so it's not as configurable in my LV2012 implementation, but it's there for me. 

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

ivorypig

Cool, jcarmody, when I drop your 2nd png to my vi,  highlight and run...

ivorypig

I always imagine datastream in LV wires as signals in circuits,  a chamfer will surely good to make signals less sensitive to high frequency noise ...forgive my stupidness.

I'll try JKI RCF plugin for one time at least..

MaryH
Status changed to: Declined
Idea would not work in many tight wiring situations. Making it an optional setting would just create another style setting to debate about, and having all wires appear similar is important to the readability when shared between developers or online.