LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
FireFist-Redhawk

CTRL + Mouse Scroll to Move Objects in Edit Mode

Don't have enough time to make any fancy pictures or diagrams, but the idea is simple. When cleaning up VIs, I find myself constantly switching my right hand between the mouse and the arrow keys. It would be really slick to be able to move highlighted FP/BD objects with a CTRL + Mouse Scroll combination. Here's my thoughts on what the combinations could be:

CTRL + Mouse Scroll Up: Move highlighted object(s) one pixel up

CTRL + Mouse Scroll Down: Move highlighted object(s) one pixel down

CTRL + ALT + Mouse Scroll Up: Move highlighted object(s) one pixel right

CTRL + ALT + Mouse Scroll Down: Move highlighted object(s) one pixel left

And to get really fancy...

CTRL + SHIFT + Mouse Scroll Up: Move highlighted object(s) several pixels up

CTRL + SHIFT + Mouse Scroll Down: Move highlighted object(s) several pixels down

CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + Mouse Scroll Up: Move highlighted object(s) several pixels right

CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + Mouse Scroll Down: Move highlighted object(s) several pixels left

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.