From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCC_(SK)

Bundle & Unbundle by Name Fix/Anchore Position to "Input cluster"

Anchore position of Bundle & Unbundle Ny Name elements to "Input cluster" and not to same point in the middle of element.

I don't like when I place (Un)Bundle By Name element to Block Diagram and when I connect Input cluster to same cluster wire then element dance on block diagram.

Similar: when you change (Un)Bundle By Name element by clicking a name terminal and selecting a name from the shortcut menu then element is dancing (moving) on block diagram.

Every time I have to shift (Un)Bundle By Name on block diagram to original position.

Expected behavior: Anchor (Un)Bundle By Name position to Input cluster part of element.

unbundle_by_name2.PNG

Second Unbundle By Name is reference of original position.

bundle_by_name.PNG

Second Bundle By Name is reference of original position.

2 Comments
CrystalTech

I agree, as the "Cluster by Name" gets larger and smaller depending on the size of the name, it should grow and shrink with the INPUT as the anchor point (not the CENTER).  KUDOS!

JCC_(SK)
Active Participant

I found similar undesirable behavior in "Analog/Digital Build Waveform", "Analog/Digital Get Waveform Components", "Buld Digital Data"