LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vt92

Bundle Cluster: Remove Unused Inputs

It would be nice to have a right-click option to remove all unused inputs.  It could even work on broken wires!.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
7 Comments
vt92
Active Participant

Sorry, I couldn't get the image upload to work when I posted the idea.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
SteveChandler
Trusted Enthusiast

I am not sure I like removing the inputs with broken wires. I do like the idea overall.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Manzolli
Active Participant

I'm pretty sure that should only remove the unconnected inputs only. Broken wires may be in use, waiting for some code fixing.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Darren
Proven Zealot

The Ctrl-Space-Ctrl-R Quick Drop keyboard shortcut to remove and rewire block diagram objects currently doesn't do anything with the [Shift] modifier.  What if Ctrl-Space-Ctrl-[Shift]-R removed unwired terminals on bundle, Concatenate Strings, Build Array, etc.?

dthor
Active Participant

I think that's a fine implementation Darren. I know I'd use it.

Darren
Proven Zealot

vt92: This functionality is available in LabVIEW 2012 and later. You can select the Bundle function, press Ctrl-Space, then press Ctrl-Shift-R. This will remove all the unwired inputs. Is this functionality sufficient for you such that I can close out the idea? Or would you still prefer a right-click menu option?

vt92
Active Participant

The Quick Drop method is good, but it is not a way that is easily discovered by the user.

>