LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
P@Anand

Browse option for selecting class

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be nice to have a browse option in Selecting Class in the "Class Specifier Constant" to easily find the correct class. This is similar to the browse option available in VI server.

BrowseOption-Class.png

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
6 Comments
fabric
Active Participant
Interesting. I assume this would browse all classes in memory (with an option to choose a class from disk)? If yes then kudos. Ideally the browse list would be represented as an inheritance tree rather than a flat list...
fabric
Active Participant
Oh, and I'd additionally like to see similar functionality available when replacing a class constant 😊
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

fabric, note that this idea is for VI server classes, not for LV classes. If you want that, you might need another idea, as it's probably a completely different mechanism.

As for the idea itself, an alternative or additional implementation would be something similar to my Intellisense idea, where you can Ctrl+click in the constant and type the name - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-Intellisense-support-to-the-property-node/idi-p/15...

It should probably also be pointed out that there is already a QD shortcut which does this. I don't think it ships with LV, but you should be able to download it and then you can select a class constant, invoke the plugin and type the class name to set the constant to that class.

Ah, probably should have looked at the image... Pitfalls of phone usage!
Darren
Proven Zealot

The VI Server Rename shortcut for Quick Drop (Ctrl-B) does ship with LabVIEW. There's a summary of its functionality in this nugget post. It doesn't provide auto complete, so you have to type the full name of the VI Server class you want to specify.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.