LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sambo

Book Marks are a must for large Apps in LV

Available with the Bookmark Manager feature. Select View > Bookmark Manager to view all "#" bookmarks on your VI diagrams.

In a large application it's necessary to be able to quickly jump from one location to a previously marked location. I currently set Break Points and disable them. Then by double clicking the break point line in the breakpoint manager, I can go from one marked location to another.

1. Ctrl+Shift i (i=0~9) can be used to set a book mark at a selected object/wire.
  2. Ctrl+i can be used to jump to a previously set book mark.
  3. A book mark manager similar to break point manager would be nice to pull up with a shortcut.
  4. An optional description to add at the time of book mark creation would be nice to have as well.
  5. Another nice related feature to add would be Ctrl+b to cycle through the book marks in one direction and Ctrl+Shift+b for the reverse direction (just like Ctrl+g and Ctrl+Shift+g which cycle through search hits).
  6. Let’s not forget to keep the VI name in the book mark list in the Book Mark manager just as in the break point manager. The user defined description can be the second field.

Thanks.

5 Comments
Sambo

Sorry I forgot that Ctrl+b is already reserved for clearing broken wires. So it can be replaced w/ Ctrl+m (Ctrl+Shift+m for reverse direction) if it's not already reserved for something I am not aware of.

BTW, I couldn't find a way to edit or remove my own post/idea as we can do with our comment?!

I also would like to add the following:

7.  Save the book marks with the project so we don't have to reset them every time we re-open it.

Sambo

I see that we are given a limited short time (probably a minute) to edit a post!

Now I understand the reasons for that; so please neglect my comment about editing my own post/idea mentioned above.

Manzolli
Active Participant

Even though they share some concepts, I like the way Sambo put it.Kudos!

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available with the Bookmark Manager feature. Select View > Bookmark Manager to view all "#" bookmarks on your VI diagrams.