LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iannicholson

Block-Diagram Shortcuts / Links

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.

An object on the BD that, when double-clicked, would take you to another location in the BD. This would be useful when you have several areas in case-structures, sequences, or event-structures that you would like to document in a central location.

In particular, I have a case-structure that shows windows to the user. I have a specific window that I need to be modal, so I open that in my main event-structure instead of the window control loop. These two sections of code accomplish a similar task, so it would be nice to add a link the event-structure case near the case-structure. This would make the event-structure case easier to find.

Another way to accomplish this could be to extend Rick K's idea (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Hyperlink-in-Floating-Comments/idi-p/986485) to allow the hyperlinks in comments to link to specific cases or BD objects.

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 8 kudos within 8 years after posting will be automatically declined.