LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiTou

Bad wire gets cleared automatically when it can

Over the years the wiring routines have been improving a lot, here is a next step that would make wiring even easier.

I call that "Bad wire gets cleared automatically when it can", it would take me 50 lines to explain, so here are to screen shots to explain what i have in mind :

ex_a.png

ex_b.png

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

16 Comments
TiTou
Trusted Enthusiast

Uff... well, I thought I was clear sorry.

In the case you mention: a broken wire linking 3 or more connectors, my request does't apply. LabVIEW keeps doing what it does, so if you remove the connection creating the type conflict then the wire isn't broken anymore.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

How about this idea?

Move Wire.gif

This is not dissimilar to what Shane suggested and basically says that if you use the wiring tool on a wire source or sink and then on another, the wires should be swapped (or if there's only one wire, it should be moved). In the original example, that means that you click C and then A, which will move the wire from C to A. This doesn't require any "guessing" on LabVIEW's part.

Message Edited by tst on 11.02.2010 06:37 PM

Hi hadn't seen your idea, I like it, indeed no need for LabVIEW to do any auto-something and the functionnality is there as long as it applies to broken wires.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
TiTou
Trusted Enthusiast
I like this idea and and consider it complementary to mine because they apply to different use cases.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Ray.R
Knight of NI

I like the idea(s).  Kudos!