LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil.Pate

Auto close VIs when diving into sub VIs during debugging

This idea is primarily to be used to solve the problem of lots of FP/BD windows spawning when diving down during a debug session.

My proposal is to have some way of telling the IDE that during paused/stepped execution if the code steps into a sub VI then it auto closes the FP/BD of the parent VI.

Active Participant

Not quite a duplicate, but I prefer the thought of "step out and close" rather than "step into and cloase afterwards"

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Additional-Debug-Button-Finish-and-Close/idc-p/1062831...

Thanks for reminding me about this idea, I had even kudo'd it and then forgotten. I think the idea you linked to is better.

Ctrl + Double Click Open subVI Block Diagram.

Something like Shift + Ctrl + Double Click could open subVI Block Diagram and close caller FP and BG.

Darren
Proven Zealot