LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always enable resize of dialog boxes containing scroll boxes

One example is shown below from the Device Driver Installation dialog but there a many similar cases. It is very difficult to obtain a decent overview having such a small window for the tree display.

I suggest as a general style guide to always enable the resize option in a dialog box whenever the layout requires a scroll box.

I have a hard time to see what could be reasons not to do so.

dialog resize.png

3 Comments
Active Participant

Kudo

Resize + Maximize

I forgot to mention that I refer to the system dialog boxes such as the installers, MAX or similar. What the user does in his or her application is of course up to them - never the less I think the style is good in any case.

Henning

Trusted Enthusiast

Related idea here.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012