LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pachook

Allowing proxy settings for LV

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

At my current work place we use proxy servers as an internet connection. With LabVIEW it makes it difficult not only while the NI software is being installed (to check for updates, connect with server for veryfication etc) but also during typical work it makes troubles with finding examples and drivers from a development enviroment.

I would suggest adding some advenced internet connection options for proxy settings etc.

Another little thing with a company computers is that, even when installing NI software on a D drive it still installs some example software on C:. It makes problem when your IT limited your C drive for absolute minimum, because with huge amount of NI software the amound of "additional" data is getting bigger and bigger.

Regards,

PacHOOk

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,

PacHOOk
4 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

OK, these are two ideas. I would recommend to only post one idea per post here. 😉

How "advanced" do you want to go with the proxy settings? Maybe NI software could just use the browser proxy settings by default?

NarenS
NI Employee (retired)

Hi,

I think the proxy setting is a very good idea. I will pass it on to the right people. 

As far as installing on the C drive goes, as you know a lot of the driver files go to the system folder and that cannot be avoided. For the components where the paths can be changed, it is sometimes important what you choose when you first install NI products. If something got installed into C, then subsequent updates will tend to go to the same folder, even if you say install NI software to D.

If you have verified all of that and still feel like some files are being incorrectly placed in the C drive, could you post some more detail regarding what product and version you were installing and what file paths were put in the C drive? 

NarenS

LabVIEW R&D

National Instruments.

pachook

About proxy - I guess/hope browser settings will do.

The C drive instalation - well I had this problem with previous PC, now I changed to new one and installed almost all on 😧 drive - But I thing folders like TestStand Cfg and User interfaces etc are still stored on C by default.

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,

PacHOOk
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.