LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crelf

Allow me to selectively ignore warnings in the Error List

Yes, I know I'm probably the only person in the world that enables the warnings view in the Error List, but I'd like to be able to selectively ignore certain warnings. For example:

warning.jpg

The FP control that I'm getting a warning about is handled in an event structure, so there's no need for me to wire to it in this context. I'd like to be able to right click on that warning and select "ignore" (just like I can for the TestStand sequence analyzer - which is awesome FWIW 🙂 ). Doing so could remove if from the list, or gray it out and push it to the bottom of the list (maybe in a new section called "Ignored Warnings"). I would also want a method to restore all previously ignored warnings.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
4 Comments
ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

"I'm probably the only person in the world that enables the warnings view in the Error List"

no, me too ! Smiley Tongue

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
crelf
Trusted Enthusiast

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

Duplicate of:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Customize-list-of-warnings-in-error-list/idi-p/201796....

Well, partially maybe. Ben's asking to be able to turn off all "node not wired" warnings - I want to be cable to turn off *individual* warnings. I still want to know if I drop a new FP node and forget to wire it.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
rgvdh@rdf

"I'm probably the only person in the world that enables the warnings view in the Error List"

More people would use it if it were configurable in this way.