LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Typedefs to have a User-Defined Wire

Virtually ALL of my more complex typedefs have multiple datatypes wrapped in a cluster. The result? A pink wire. I have fat, pink wires all over my code.

Allow us to choose different patterns and colors for wires on a typedef. Increases the ability to spot a typedef, and allows for distinction between two complex datatypes.

(Note: I am not condoning making a new wire for every typedef... that would be a point of confusion when collaborating. I would just like to add distinction to some of my more distinct typedefs).

CustomWiresForTypedefs.png

Wirebird Labs: Expert Toolkits for LabVIEWDeploy, by Wirebird Labs: Expert Toolkits for LabVIEW
2 Comments
Active Participant

Like the concept, but should keep a basic identity, just like the Queue refnum wire.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
Yeah, I'm tired of pink. Too much pink. If objects can each have their own wires why not typedefs. Also, I like the auto wire pattern generation of objects.