LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
sbus

Add title to simple dialogs...

Already possible by setting the title of Three Button Dialog.vi, and optionally hiding buttons to make it a 1 or 2-button dialog

I'd like the ability to add a title to the one-button, two-button, and three-button dialog boxes that pop up. I thought of an easy way to implement them: add another entry to the "right-click->Visible Items" menu on the BD for the dialog VIs called "Visible Label in Title Bar". It would quite simply do just that; whatever you put in the label field would show up in the title bar as the title. Easy!

Of course, a  "caption" property could be added with "Visible Caption in Title Bar" instead, to preserve label functionality...

Or a "title" property could be added... with the ability to make it visible...

4 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

The Three Button Dialog.vi already has this ability. Wire the top input. The One and Two button versions are simple primitives with deliberately few options. If you want a title on a two-button dialog, just use the Three Button Dialog.vi and wire an empty string constant to the buttons that you want to hide.

JÞB
Knight of NI

Change Status to "In Beta?"

Dialog With Title.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented
Already possible by setting the title of Three Button Dialog.vi, and optionally hiding buttons to make it a 1 or 2-button dialog
JÞB
Knight of NI

I forgot to mention that I actually like the idea.  Enough that I did a quick mod to one of my re-use library vi's that was very close in functionallity. (It just needed three properties an optional input and some logic + updated documentation).

8-Ball Consulting anticipates launching a free LabVIEW add-on late 2014.  This vi will make it into that package. so Thanks as well as kudos.

Well so much for the kudos--- Darren Just beat my post closing the idea so virtual kudos onlySmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay