LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add right-click option to delete class mutation history

After fighting an increasingly slow IDE for a while I found the reason editing my libraries and classes was slow: Lengthy and large mutation history.  I'd like to see an easy option to clear that history so I'm not burdened with the edit-time slowness when I don't have to be:

DelMut.png

If I was smart with right-click-frameworky stuff I guess I could make it work myself, but for any so inclined:

DelMutCode.png

3 Comments

I can add this in the GDS framework, but since the class is loaded into memory, I need a way of doing it for the class in memory and then have it to save the lvclass file.

If you can give me info of how to use scripting to do this, you can get a beta version of his feature very soon.

Active Participant
I didn't know about Mutation History. Now I know. You don't have to unload it from memory. I found that "If you rename a class, LabVIEW considers it a new class, deletes the mutation history of the class, and resets the version number to 1.0.0.0." See link: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/using_classes/

Ran your snippet on the classes in our project and reduced the size of our software updates by 56MB!