LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_Schor

Add "Excel Get Last Column" function to Report Generation Toolkit

The Excel-Specific, Excel General sub-Palette of the Report Generation Toolkit contains a useful function, "Excel Get Last Row".  This allows a user to add new rows of data to an existing Worksheet by returning a cluster of MS Office Parameters that can be used with the other Excel Report functions (such as Excel Easy Table) to place the new (row-organized) data below existing rows, such as Column Headers, that might be already present in the Template.

I propose that NI add a similar "Excel Get Last Column" that does the same thing, but returns the last column on the WorkSheet.  This would be useful when entering data one column at a time, not uncommon when entering multiple channels (columns) of sampled data, where you want the new data to be just to the right of the existing (columnar) data.

Get Last Column.png

I could easily write such a function myself, but so could NI, and if NI did it, everyone who uses the Report Generation Toolkit would have access to such functionality.

Bob Schor