LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrasco

Add "Copy Case Contents To" right click menu

Wiring an enum to the selector of a case structure.is a very common activity.  You facilitate this by having a function in the right click menu called "Add Case for Every Value", which is a nice feature I use frequently.  Very often for enums, however, the contents of case statements is very similar between cases.  Maybe one or two things are different between each case.

I propose you add a function that copies the contents (including the wire connection ports) of the selected case to other cases or all cases.  If this were available, a base set of code could be made in one case and transferred to others and then modified as needed.

Copy Case Contents.png

Thanks for listening!

6 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

Are you familiar with 'Duplicate Case' 3 items above your new one in your screenshot?

That being said, there are a few ideas pretty similar to this floating around.  Here's one.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
jrasco

Of course...

But "Add Case for Every Value" and "Duplicate Case" do not play well together.  I guess another way to look at my request is to combine "Add Case for Every Value" and "Duplicate Case" into one function.

elset191
Active Participant

@jrasco wrote:

Of course...

I figured as much.  I usually will Duplicate case as needed until I have all my cases, rather than creating empty cases for all values. 

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
jrasco

Elset,

I got interrupted before I could click on the link in your post.  Now that I have, that's exactly what I'm looking for.  I've added my Kudos there.  I suggest anyone else who finds my post do the same.

Jacob

donkdonk

For me there are too many items in the menu to justify yet another one. No kudoos, sorry.

Darren
Proven Zealot