LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Add "Akima Spline" option to the existing interpolation functions

(A while ago I suggested to post this idea, but it has not happened so I do it. :D)

The Akima Spline (For example explained here) seems to have some desirable features compared to all the interpolation and fitting algorithms available. It should be added to the LabVIEW functions, at least to interpolate 1D

7 Comments
gharris

This would be an excellent addition.  I have heard that this is the best method for interpolating signals with occasional sharp peaks such as in fluorescence spectra and would like to try it.

D60
Active Participant
Active Participant

Akima interpolation is a common method for 3D Measurement for filling profile-holes, where the position of the laser can not be found in columns.

That would be great!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
altenbach
Knight of NI

It will only get considered if it gathers votes. So, if you like the idea, please click on the yellow area in the upper left corner to give it kudos! 😄

D60
Active Participant
Active Participant

🙂 I've never thought that if you would not say!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
altenbach
Knight of NI

> Akima interpolation is a common method for 3D Measurement for filling profile-holes, where the position of the laser can not be found in columns

I can't quite picture what you are saying. Would this need a 2D Akima spline to be added to Interpoplate 2D?

dthor
Active Participant

It's got my vote! I could really use this. Currently I just use my own Moving Mean/Median function to get rid of outliers and then fit the function, but I'd much prefer to keep that data around...

Nuck_Chorris

First time NI. RIO-Board around 30k €, external Company to develop an interface between our test device and the test lab.

And then ... "we've got no Akima in Labview!".

WTH?

We've got a full database of simulated sensor signals, contains a few data points and the kind of interpolation. And, of course, it's 90% Akima.