From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duane_Cousino

Add installation option to inherit LabVIEW.ini settings from previous installation

The title says it all - I'd like to have the option to inherit my configuration settings from the previous LabVIEW installation (or from a specified path).  Currently I have to do this manually by copying the ini file from the previous version, but I'm never sure whether there will be compatibility issues with the new version of LabVIEW or if there are obsolete settings.  The installer should check for compatibility/obsolescence issues as it creates the new ini file.

Alternatively / additionally, I'd like to be able to specify where LabVIEW loads the LabVIEW.ini file from (which could be located on a network or USB disk).

5 Comments
zenthoef
Active Participant

I basically suggessted the same thing here:New LabVIEW Installation Retains Options

Good to see others want it too. 🙂

Duane_Cousino

Sorry, I didn't mean to duplicate your idea.  I searched for items relating to this topic, but I must have missed your post.  Let's hope it gets implemented by NI!

Knight of NI

Duane Cousino wrote: 

Alternatively / additionally, I'd like to be able to specify where LabVIEW loads the LabVIEW.ini file from (which could be located on a network or USB disk).

For this you can do that by following these instructions.

zenthoef
Active Participant
Don't worry about duplicating it. Maybe, if enough people ask about it, it will someday be implemented!
MaryH
Status changed to: Duplicate