LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGould

Add Support for Temporary Tables in the Database Connectivity Tool Kit

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Currently the Labview Database Tool Kit doesn't support returning or working with temp tables in a stored procedure.  This makes a SQL/Labview developer have to make complete hacks (such as returning tables in comma delimited form) to return results that take multiple table manipulations to generate.

See this thread for an example:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/SQL-Query-Works-in-MS-SQL-Server-2008-but-not-when-using/m-p/2151492

3 Comments
Michael.Patterson

Please add support for temp table return vales to the DB toolkit. I am finding that querys are duplicated and being written in unefficient ways to provide work around to be able to pass the data that Labview will be able to access. We have many existing querys that are used on our ERP system for reporting that we would like to access to automate in Manufacturing via Labview. I am having difficulty getting them rewritten by IT since they work fine with all other environments and have proven performance.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

JonathanDC

I would like to give this a kudos, but I can't since it has been declined.