From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
IanR99

Activation web page should loop for multiple activations

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Living in the dark ages I do not have web access on my LV development PCs and so have to go to www.ni.com/activate to turn on LV after every update/install. If I am lucky I can sit my LV machine beside my web PC and type in the computer ID code and vice-versa with the resulting authorization code. If I am unlucky bits of paper, pens and walking become involved. Having to authorise on each PC is reasonable but if I need to authorize more than one product e.g. LV and Application Builder (I have the Pro version) then not only do I have to licence 2 things but I have to enter ALL the data twice - a simple 'activate another product' button at the end of the activation pages (with data like pc id and licence number and name etc retained) would make life easier. My appologies if there is one already - but if there is it needs to be more obvious.

2 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

TomOrr0W

I would kudo this if it weren't auto-declined.

A related idea of mine:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Additional-NI-Software-Idea/Bring-Back-the-Web-Page-Activation-Link-in-NI-L...