LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to drag controls/indicators from block diagrams to front panels ...

Hello all,

It would be nice Smiley Wink to be able to drag a control or indicator from a block diagram, to a front panel or a "control editor" panel.  

DragAndDrop.png

For the moment you can only Smiley Sad drag "objects" ...

• From a front panel to a front panel
  • From a block diagram to a block diagram

It would also be nice to be abble to drag ...

• Constants from block diagram to front panels (Creating then a new control)
  • Constants from block diagram to "control editor" panel

Thanks.

Manu.net

Manu.net
7 Comments
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

manu.NET wrote:

It would also be nice to be abble to drag ...

• Constants from block diagram to front panels (Creating then a new control)
  • Constants from block diagram to "control editor" panel

Both of these seem to work perfectly fine both in LV 2011 and LV 7.0, which I currently have open.

manu.NET wrote constants but he means controls

(Just read the first sentance and look at the screenshot)

• dragging constants from the BD to the FP already works,
  • dragging controls from the BD to the FP fails
Proven Zealot

While we're at it, this should also allow to copy a terminal on a BD and paste a control on any FP.  I need to do this sometimes where I create a control from the input of a Property node, move to the FP, copy the control and THEN paste it where I need it.  It would be cool if the switch to the FP was no longer needed.

It seems like a good idea, so I kudoed it... ...but what type of (numeric) control should be automatically created on the FP when the generic (?) terminal (which looks equal for all sorts of numerics) from the BD is dropped to another FP?

Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Ah, well, if that's the case, it has already been suggested twice (the second has a longer discussion):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Allow-a-terminal-on-a-block-diagram-to-be-copied-to-a-...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Copy-control-from-BD-but-paste-on-FP/idi-p/1466502

Thanks Tst.  I'd already kodued one of those.

There's so much traffic on the Idea Exchange it's getting really hard to remember what we've already kudoed and what not.  Maybe there's an idea in there somewhere.... Smiley Happy

Example Gatekeeper
Status changed to: Duplicate