LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arun_Persaud

Ability to align front panel objects in regards to other objects/window/tab

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be great if you could align an object in reference to other object. Say I have one object that is already in the correct position, but now I want to align others, so that the top matches up.

At the moment I would have to move all objects further down and then hit align, since it will align to the "highest" object... Much nicer would be to tell labview to align to the first/last selected object and then just hit align after selecting the objects in the right order.

Other options that would be nice to align with respect to the current window/tab/container.

An implementation that I like for aligning objects is inkscape, see http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/Align.html for their menu. You can select where you want to align to, possible options in inkscape are: first selected object, last selected object, biggest object, smallest object, page, drawing, selection. Some of these might not make sense for labview and could be replaced with window, tab or other used container.

On the same line, it would be great, if one would have similar options to set the size/width/height of other objects to the size of a selected one.

1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.