LabVIEW Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A separate utility software for Upconverting and Downconverting VIs

Hi, i wanted to suggest the creation of a separate utility software that would convert a VI from any version to any other version. This would save people a lot of time by not waiting to get it converted from their respective threads. Also it would serve for more people to able to reply on the forum(me included since i am using LabVIEW 8.6 and most of the posts contain VIs made in 2009 and 2010 even though most of the time the same functions are avalable in 8.6 😞 ).

PS: Sorry, got no pictures

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
5 Comments
Knight of NI

Instead of an separate utility, maybe NI should offer an automatic cloud version online. This is 2010! 😄

You would go to a special website, submit VIs as a zipped folder in any version and get them back in any other version that you select. You also get a conversion log, listing all incompatibilities and problem encountered.

LabVIEW Champion. It all comes together in GCentral GCentral
What does "Engineering Redefined" mean??

Even better Altenbach. I bet it would be easier to put up too with no need for compatibility with different operating systems and stuff. 🙂

This is a Duplicate idea.

My bad.. didnt see it there...well a kudos to him from me for coming up with this idea before me.