LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wond3rboy

A separate utility software for Upconverting and Downconverting VIs

Hi, i wanted to suggest the creation of a separate utility software that would convert a VI from any version to any other version. This would save people a lot of time by not waiting to get it converted from their respective threads. Also it would serve for more people to able to reply on the forum(me included since i am using LabVIEW 8.6 and most of the posts contain VIs made in 2009 and 2010 even though most of the time the same functions are avalable in 8.6 😞 ).

PS: Sorry, got no pictures

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
5 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

Instead of an separate utility, maybe NI should offer an automatic cloud version online. This is 2010! 😄

You would go to a special website, submit VIs as a zipped folder in any version and get them back in any other version that you select. You also get a conversion log, listing all incompatibilities and problem encountered.

wond3rboy

Even better Altenbach. I bet it would be easier to put up too with no need for compatibility with different operating systems and stuff. 🙂

lvABC

This is a Duplicate idea.

wond3rboy

My bad.. didnt see it there...well a kudos to him from me for coming up with this idea before me.