LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TiTou

64bit LabVIEWs should support VI Analyzer toolkit

Available with LabVIEW 2016 and later. The VI Analyzer Toolkit has installers available for the following products:

LabVIEW for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit

LabVIEW for Mac OS X 64-bit

LabVIEW for Linux 32-bit and 64-bit

Apparently VI Analyzer toolkit doesn't support any 64bit LabVIEW version, this is really something I miss!

With all the good reasons to use it that NI gives it's hard to understand!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

10 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

I just posted a document to the newly-created VI Analyzer Enthusiasts group on the NI Community that shows you how to do this:

Using the VI Analyzer Toolkit with 64-bit LabVIEW

It's not the best solution (which would be a dedicated 64-bit VI Analyzer Toolkit installer), but it's the best workaround we have for now.

TiTou
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks for suporting this idea! And thanks a lot for the work-around, I'll have the opportunity to try this out next week!

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Has anybody been able to get this to work?

I just tried and the VI Analyzer doesn't show up in the Tools menu.

Starting the mass compilation over again (after having checked that all the proper files had been copied), I noticed that there were some bad VIs errors.

Checking the first one" Advanced VI Analysis.vi", it turned out that its subVIs (in a .lvlib) were broken because "improperly licensed".

I tried activating VI Analyzer Toolkit (which showed up as activated all right) but that has not fixed the issue for me.

Ideas?

Darren
Proven Zealot

@X. wrote:

Has anybody been able to get this to work?

When I posted the procedure two years ago, I made sure it worked in LabVIEW 2011. I just tried the whole thing again on a clean 64-bit machine with LabVIEW 2013 32-bit and 64-bit, and it worked fine for me. I activated the VI Analyzer Toolkit in 32-bit LabVIEW 2013 with an external serial number to make sure. Here is the license status of the products in NI License Manager:

nilm.png

After making all the file copies as instructed in the procedure, all the mass compiles worked fine, and the UI and example VIs also worked fine. So I'm not sure what the problem is on your system.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Thanks for trying.

The snapshot you are showing is basically like mine.

Maybe I can try to reinstall the toolkit and go through the activation process again...

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Uninstalled, Reinstalled, Reactivated. No joy...

Darren
Proven Zealot

@X. wrote:
Uninstalled, Reinstalled, Reactivated. No joy...

I really have no idea then. If the VI Analyzer works fine in your 32-bit LabVIEW, and both LabVIEW and VI Analyzer show as activated in NI License Manager, then I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work in 64-bit LabVIEW (same version as 32-bit LabVIEW) after following the exact procedure given here. I wish I had some other advice to give...

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

OK, just one little detail that may have its importance: I installed all this on a Windows 7 64 bit install running within Desktop Parallels 9 on a MacBook Pro Retina (wuite a mouthfull, I know).

In any case, I can always to my debugging in 32 bits and switch back to 64 bits.

But eventually, having an installer for 64 bits might be easier...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: In Beta

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available with LabVIEW 2016 and later. The VI Analyzer Toolkit has installers available for the following products:

LabVIEW for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit

LabVIEW for Mac OS X 64-bit

LabVIEW for Linux 32-bit and 64-bit