LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbutcher

Select in SCTL

Initially I looked around for my previous idea here: Selecting between two I/O refnums not allowed because I thought it was the same and intended to post a comment to that, but I see that was a bit more specific.

This seems like a more allowable case - why is A forbidden and B perfectly ok?

A:

Select node in SCTLSelect node in SCTL

B:

Case Structure to choose between two values based on boolean inputCase Structure to choose between two values based on boolean input

Here A is forbidden (at Intermediate file generation - so perhaps this would help: Unsupported nodes inside for loop within SCTL should result in a broken VI (NXG != Already Implemented really...)) but B is compiled with no problem. I really don't see why Select of two integers is different to a Case Structure with two integers input, a boolean case selector, and an integer output from the two inputs...

As an idea rather than a rant, I'd like A to be possible.

GCentral
2 Comments
cbutcher
Trusted Enthusiast

As a side note, the snippets uses the CCT and LV15 is my default output (although I'm not sure if that actually works, some posts on the forum appear to indicate not...) but these were compiled with LabVIEW 2019 and the NI Cloud compiler.

GCentral
Intaris
Proven Zealot

This one confuses me, I use "select" inside SCTLs all the time without any errors. But not within For Loops....

LV 2015 mind you...