LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

About LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW FPGA Idea?

1. Does your idea apply to LabVIEW in general? Get the best feedback by posting it on the original LabVIEW Idea Exchange.
  2. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  3. If your idea has not been submitted click New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  4. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  5. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  6. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW FPGA!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

RMC Socket Number of Synchronizing Register

Hello,

Is there any possibility to use a dedicated file to change the Number of Synchronizing Register

Today we need to right click on the DIO + Propriety + Advanced Code Generation + Select Nb of register.

On a SBRIO 9607 I have to do it 96 times and if I change something with the CLIP generator I need to do it again.  

In my design I use VHDL IP so the synchonisation is already done on the VHDL and I don't need extra clock.

2020-01-24_07h57_17.png

I try to edit with Notepad++ the .lvproj file and change the NumberOfSyncRegistersForReadInProject or NumberOfSyncRegistersForOutputData but it's not clean...

If you have an idea it will save a lot of click.

Thanks

1 Comment
Status changed to: New

Hi Manu,

Sorry for the delay. We had some conversations here about this. I agree this is painful, and is something we are looking at simplifying in general and for NXG too. It might not happen immediately.

There might be work-arounds possible in the short-term. We do think you might be able to write a script that modifies the lvproj.  You could probably use G scripting to edit the loaded project as well, but a python script that runs on a saved lvproj should do the trick. This is not something we tried so I am not sure if this would end up being a big time sync for you, but something to consider. Might not be super elegant.

This post might help too, I think there is an RMC CLIP generator that you can use: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Hardware-Developers-Community-NI/sbRIO-9651-SOM-IO-Interface-and-CLIP-Gener...

Also I think you can use the IO in groups of 32 so there are fewer IO items that need to be modified. 

I realize this was more of an "Idea Exchange' thing than a forum post but I figured this could help!

Rahul B.