LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ePower-ahp

Pipeline structure

My original problem was that I in the FPGA have an array of data, where I need to do some calculation, where the only appropriate way was to use a pipeline. The pipeline is a very strong tool in the FPGA, but I think the LabVIEW tools could be changed so the pipeline is easier.

My old implementation if the pipeline:

old pipeline.jpg

Suggested implementation of single cycle pipeline, with shift registers in the tunnels, so all the code is run on each of the 5 elements in the array.

New pipeline.jpg

Maybe there should be added a number of iterations (like the “for loop”), if the number of data, is not defined by the array size.

In another project I have a continuous running pipeline, I have implemented in different ways, but one simple is as shown:

Before

old pipeline2.jpg

Here the new pipeline sequence could also be used, maybe like following:  

New pipeline2.jpg

Here it should be stated in the loop tunnel, that the input data is read continuous.

Here I have shown in both examples, that it should be single cycle times loops, but maybe the pipeline structure should also be able to run with another timing (determined by the slowest frame).

I have seen the idea about the timed frame, it will help on the last example, but there will still be need for a pipeline structure.

1 Comment
AndersSekanina

I can see it is implemented in LabView 2019

Anders Pedersen Sekanina
sekanina.dk