From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry_ALE

NI TClk and Ultrascale FlexRIO cards documentation

Working with the NI 5785 our team had a hard time understanding how to use TClk without all of the extra (e.g. streaming) code that comes with the example.

Through support we were eventually put in touch with R&D and they told us how to initiate TClk by setting some of the FPGA controls.  This was helpful but not intuitive.

TClk helps support beamforming applications shown in the NI Marketing but without this usability it is very difficult (impossible) to develop applications promised.

TClk also has other lower level features such as the delay correction.  No info is posted on this either but it is a property we can read.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
6 Comments
8talha

This is the problem we faced too and it took a lot of time to be able to initialize Tclk, More intuitive help will be better to understand this.

DanielRoth

I have the same issue, do you have any sample code how you use TCLK with two or more PXIe-5785 Cards?

Terry_ALE
Active Participant

@DainelRoth have you looked at the 5785 shipping example?

ALE Consultants

DanielRoth

Thanks for the question Terry

Yes the generated sample code (Example Finder:  5785) and it works with 2 PXIe-5785 communicate to Host.

My main use case:

I have two DAQ cards (PXIe-5785) running on "IO Socket\Data Clock" and calculating "Digital Down Converter @ "IO Socket\Data Clock" " and sending the data via P2P FIFO to a single coprocessor card PXIe-7915.

The coprocessor card sends the data to the host after another calculation.

=> Now I want to use NI-TCLK:

The generated sample code uses STREAM and DRAM (@IO Socket\Data Clock) - are these required?

Do I need all the generated parts to use NI-TCLK defined in  the Host System?

Terry_ALE
Active Participant

I'd like to continue the discussion.  My recommendation is to start a new thread for this issue on https://forums.ni.com/.

ALE Consultants

DanielRoth

Hello Terry

I started a new thread in this group