From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
--thatguy

Differentiate Saturating Operations

Now that most numeric operators have the ability to saturate it would be nice to be able to differentiate these operations.  I know that the majority of the time you can determine this information easily with the context help but this would make it much easier to spot.  I tend to copy operators that are already being used in my vis than to grab a new one off the pallet.  This would let me know which type of operator I'm copying.

18007i82E22C521A6F662A

1 Comment
Dragis
Active Participant

1. i like the idea. i do have a problem with the coloring of the nodes though. there are several configuration options for the fxp values (and operators in general) that should be shown. perhaps a set of small glyphs that show up above or below the operation would work better. if the glyphs are annoying, then can be shown if you enable them from the task bar. i think it could be done well if the right designers take hold.

2. fxp works on the host. the more general labview idea exchange might be a good place to get more traction for the idea since it would most likely be implemented for all platforms that support fixed point.