LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(still) labview for stm32f103

Hi. I'm using a little board with an STM32F103RB microcontroller. I have had some success in porting labview (2010) for this microcontroller using Keil toolchains (ulink2 and uVision V5.25.2.0). I have got running simple labview code and even got to do IO via GPIO in the board.

But the weird thing is: it only works in "development mode", running from LabView  in debugging mode. That is, the Building Specification from the Labview Project Explorer must have "Enable debugging" checked.

I never got it to run correctly from uVision, or standalone (only the board without the JTAG cable plugged) - no LED blinking and no GPIO control. No error messages. It seems to execute perfectly, but no useful action accurs.

In summary: it only works when the code is sent from LabView (via USB -> ULINK -> flash memory stm32f103) and whilstle the option "Enable debugging" is cheked in the Building specification from the Labview Project Explorer.

Please, can anyone help me with this problem? I dont know if I have been clear in discribing the problem. If necessary I can send more details.

Thanks a lot!!

Paulo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,739 Views)

Hey Paulo.

Have you checked the Getting Started guide for the LabVIEW for ARM Module?

Getting Started with the NI LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers

I recommend you to review the Tutorial for the Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers section. In this tutorial, you will have a Building and Running the ARM Application which contains all steps needed to Compile, Download and Run the code.

One more question: Have you tried, in your build specification, uncheck the option Run on target using JTAG ?

Sincerely,

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,708 Views)

Hi Felipe, thanks for replying!

As I told in the previous message, I have been successful in creating an STM32f103 project, in creating a simple LV code (Test.vi), in compiling it and in downloading it to the target board via JTAG (keil uLink2). The problem is that the code only runs in the target if the Build Specification option "Enable debugging" is checked.

I did not try to uncheck the "Run on target using ULINK2" . It is only possible if one check the "Run on host computer using simulator". 

One more detail: when the option "Enable debugging" is unchecked and the project is compiled (pressing the Run arrow in the front panel), I noticed that an entire block of C code is missing in the Test.c file when I inspect this file in the uVision environment. This missing block of C code is responsible for implementing the actions programmed in the Diagram block of my Test.vi (While Loop, multiply, ...).

I hope I have been clear.

Regards,

Paulo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,703 Views)