LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost elemental I/O

Solved!
Go to solution

I've been working away with the LM3S8962 Evaluation board and had experimented with the shipped vi's with success.

I took the next step and added Elemental I/O and played with that a little, worked well.

Somehow when I come to use my vi today the Elementa I/O's were gone. I attempted to add them back in through the project explorer

Add New> Elemental I/O but when that window comes up there are no longer any Available Resources.

What did I miss?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(10,965 Views)

Hi Murph,

A couple questions:

Were any files deleted from your computer?

Was the board conected to the computer all night?

Have you tried disconnecting the board and rebooting your computer?

Also, create a new project and re-add the board to the project...does this allow the Elemental I/O to be recognized?

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(10,944 Views)

Were any files deleted from your computer? No, well maybe. Between the time the EIO was present and when it disappeared I had installed the Microcontroller SDK. I have since uninstalled it, rebooted the PC.

Was the board conected to the computer all night? It has been plugged in for longer periods of time with no problems but I did try disconnecting and reconnecting it.

Have you tried disconnecting the board and rebooting your computer?

Also, create a new project and re-add the board to the project...does this allow the Elemental I/O to be recognized?

I tried this, same result however if I add a generic I can see the EIO. (See attached)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(10,922 Views)

Hi Murph,

I have gone ahead and forwarded this information to R&D. One thing we could try is to do a repair of LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM. To do this go to Control Panel»Add or Remove Programs»National Instruments Software»Change/Remove. Then scroll to LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM and select Repair.

Message Edited by Claire R on 02-09-2010 08:39 AM
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(10,902 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Murph

Thanks, I already tried a 'Repair'.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(10,898 Views)

Although I had tried it already I decided to completely remove the Embedded Module for ARM, reboot, then re-install it.

This time it worked and I have my EIO back!

Thanks all.

m

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(10,887 Views)

Thanks for the update. This was going to be my next suggestion. I am running a test right now, because installing the SDK module after ARM shouldn't cause this sort of behavior you are seeing. If I am able to reproduce it I will definitely file a Corrective Action Request to R&D.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Message Edited by Claire R on 02-09-2010 01:29 PM
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(10,884 Views)

I was not able to reproduce this. If you run into a similar situation in the future please let us know.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(10,879 Views)
Clair,  I had the same problem with elemental I/O.  My problem seemed to be in two parts.  The first was identical what is described in NI issue 107754.  The other part of the problem that cropped up was where the Elemental I/O selection showed up OK in the drop down but the I/O selection didn't show any resources.  I tried doing the "Repair" which didn't fix the problem.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(10,425 Views)

Thanks for letting us know about this problem happening for you. It is good to know that uninstalling and reinstalling solves this problem so people having this problem in the future can do that. I have notified our R&D team of this issue so that they are aware of it. Thanks again for posting your information.

Regards,

Stephen S.

National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,387 Views)