LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lm3s8962 run problem

Hello gaziunal,

The reason you see LabVIEW as non runable is because you have the LM3S8962 set as USB and not debugable through the JTAG. Do you have a JTAG available so that you may debug the code? I tested your blink code on our system with and without the JTAG and it worked properly for extended times. If you have access to a JTAG I would suggest using it to debug the system. Also, what is the Processor status when the code stops blinking? As a note on the new code you mentioned it is not recommended to initialize on every iteration of the loop. I suggest placing the initialize VI outside of the loop. Also if you do not have a JTAG to troubleshoot then I suggest wiring the error out of the XXVI and set the LED output to true if the error out does not equal zero. This will at least inform us if there is an error occurring.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,610 Views)

Hi Wear,

I tried to define as only LM3S8962 board( not LM3S8962 USB) and I let the board run with JTAG Debugger. I have ULINK2 JTAG debugger. But according to your suggestion, I will try again. I'll also monitor error out by indicating LED0. Can you explain more "error out of the XXVI" . When I debug by using Keil, the Processor is working. I reset the Processor and the Processor is working again. In other words, the Keil shows that everything is OK in the Keil side. But  in the board the code doesn't work. It works fine forever. The norma Keil code says to me hardware is working. The board is ready, no problem in the board side. Now,I added my last Labview test code (blinkledjtag.lvproj). I used only JTAG.The result is same. I added Keil rtx task and system window below. You can see bottom side of rtx task and system window "Tasks" section. When the code stops, this section close. But Keil is in normal mode. I monitor only this status.I will try your error out suggestion and inform you.  Thank you for your interest. I am looking forward to your help.

Best wishesrtx-tasks and system-1.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,606 Views)

I attached also my normal Keil code above. The name of this file is Led Test. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(3,605 Views)

Hello gaziunal,

I wanted to check in and see if the error testing on the application yielded any results.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(3,577 Views)

I have not done it yet. But I'll do it. Can you explaine that way more? Error out generates 32 bit number. LED0 works according to boolean value. How can I test it? I am also wondering the result. Please give me detail more. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(3,572 Views)

Hello gaziunal,

All you will need to do is wire the error out terminal of the Display Draw String.vi to an equal condition that is set to zero. If the error is equal to zero have the LED indicate this by either blinking or staying lit and if there is an error turning off the LED. This way as long as there are no errors the LED will indicate the status.  

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(3,557 Views)

Hello Wear,

I did your suggestions. I used LED0 to show error out.  I set it to zero. It didn't occur any error. But the sudden halt problem has still continued. The LED didn't blink. Can you send to me final working compiled Keil file? If you send to me, I'll download it to the board without compiling. I want to test my softwares.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(3,546 Views)

Hello gaziunal,

You stated that you were able to compile the program in keil and it was working throught the Keil interface, is this correct? I am in the process of talking with R&D in order to determine further troubleshooting steps.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(3,530 Views)

Hello Wear,

I can compile my code in Labview and  Keil. There is no compilation problem. My code is halting in board. I stated that board is OK. Because I downloaded only normal sample Keil codes without Labview. You know, I opened Keil folder. There are sample codes. If I download that codes to my board, there is no halting problem. These codes work without stop. If I compile Labview codes and download to the board, The codes halt. I installed the board drivers correctly. I have an idea. Can you send to me built working Keil code for Lm3s8962 usb board in Labview 2011? If you send, I directly download to the board. It test my Labview and Keil version. If the same problem occur, It will define many things. You know, built Labview project folder is big size. You can send to my e-mail account. My accout is gazielektronik2001<at>gmail<dot>com. Thank you .

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(3,527 Views)

Hello gaziunal,

I just want to clarify; you would like me to send you a LabVIEW 2011 project of the working blink code correct? One thing that could potentially be the issue is a bad memory sector on your hardware. The keil code is relatively small while the specific LabVIEW code is larger. We could be running into an issue where the device has a bad memory sector that is causing the crash. You could create a large keil test on the device in order to verify this.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(3,518 Views)