LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview for stm32f103 development board?

hi,

good evening, i'm a student who's currently working on a thesis that involves the stm32f103 development board. our board uses a 32-Bit ARM Cortex-M3 Processor with a 128KB flash memory. it also has RS232 and USB ports for direct connection to the computer. i was just wondering if there are any labview products that are compatible with our board?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 39
(13,891 Views)

Hi mat2_chan2,

You have a few options depending on what you mean by "compatible with our board."  There are 2 options I see:

1) You can use LabVIEW to communicate with your evaluation board (through RS232 or USB).  If you've already got your code working as you wish on the evaluation board, this would be the option for you.

2) You can use LabVIEW and the LabVIEW for ARM module to download actual LabVIEW code to the board itself.  I tried to identify whether or not your chipset would be supported, but you didn't specify enough information.  You can look here: RL-ARM Real-Time Library.  (Chips for which the RL-ARM Real-Time Library exists can support LabVIEW code.)  More information can be found at www.ni.com/arm.  This method would require background work in order to port LabVIEW to your chip - integrating all of the chip's functionality into the LabVIEW environment.  (If you're really tight on time, you need to take this into account.)  See this link: Programming Additional ARM Microcontrollers with LabVIEW (without the LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK)

I hope this helps,

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 39
(13,865 Views)

good evening,

thank you very much mr. Kevin_S, that really cleared some things for us. we have already ordered the board but still hasn't arrived yet, so we're not very sure about the chip. based from our research, we think it uses the stm32e103RB microcontroller.

we'll be posting again soon and we appreciate your help. thanks.

mat2_chan2

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 39
(13,841 Views)
Where can i get the necessary paths, #defines, and libraries for the TargetConfig.ini file and the template files that are both needed for the target folder for STM32F103RB? By the way, I dont have LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK
Message Edited by aeolia on 03-08-2010 03:29 AM
Message Edited by aeolia on 03-08-2010 03:33 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 39
(13,397 Views)
Hi Aeolia,

Are you planning on using LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK, or are you using another National Instruments product? Are you going through the port guide? If so, what version? Can you post a link please?
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 39
(13,357 Views)
I'm not planning to use LabVIEW Microprocessor SDK. I will only use Labview 8.6 and Labview Embedded Module for ARM Microcontrollers v1.1. I'm currently followng this guide: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7152 to create a target folder for STM32F103RB. I'm stuck on the part wherein I will add any necessary paths, #defines, and libraries for any additional drivers for the TargetConfig.ini file and I also don't know where to get the µVision template files of STM32F103RB. Can you please help me? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 39
(13,351 Views)
Thanks for your reply, this clarifies a lot. When you download libraries that define IO pin mappings and register locations you should add the paths to those files into the TargetConfig.ini. That way, when building the compiler and LabVIEW knows where to find the correct header files, etc. It appears that you can get some libraries from ST website for the STM32F103RB. LabVIEW for ARM contains many of the files and defines that you may need,  but you may have extra for will need to change so that you have the right mappings.

The template file should be in the folder that you copied. For example, you copied the LPC2378 folder and renamed to STM32F103RB. You would then need to go into that folder and open the Template folder and modify per step 10 of the link you had sent me.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 39
(13,303 Views)

Hello

I'm also trying to port labVIEW on a STM32F103RB. I followed our tutorial on the LCP3180 to create the template folder.

I succeed to debug the errors to build the project.

I succeed to download my code to the flash memory. I do a while loop with an indicator on the index loop and a wait function of 100ms in the loop.

But I have an error on the "Processor Status" : Stopped at 0x08002C9E

This address change if I modify the labVIEW Code.

I join a capture screen of my error.

What is the action which is done during this stage ? Do you have an idea of the cause of this error.

Thanks, best regards. 

M.SPISSER 

Student in the Engineer School of St Etienne

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 39
(13,274 Views)
Howdy,

Is

Let's try a couple of debugging steps:

0. What version of LabVIEW are you using? (Help»About LabVIEW)
1. Can you run non-LabVIEW generated code, like a basic C program that blinks an LED?
2. What optimizations, if any, do you have turned on?
3. Do you have a wait inside your while loop?
4. Can you open Keil and show the call stack window.

arm-ss.jpg

5. Did you follow the porting process of the RT Agent?
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 39
(13,230 Views)

Hi ARM keiller

Can you please upload here the whole STM32F103RB target folder that you are using so that I can compare mine with yours? You can just make the whole folder a rar file so that uploading will be much easier. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 39
(13,218 Views)