LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsk6713 elemental i/o and examples

Hello,

Is it possible to create elemental i/o with the dsk6713? The release notes say no (pg 7) but there are already eio's created with the dsp toolkit. If so, does anyone know how to import the dsp toolkits eio?

Also, the dsk713 examples (all two of them) shipping with version 8.2 are missing the sub-vi's; anyone know where I could download them from?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,455 Views)
Hi,

Is it possible to create elemental i/o with the dsk6713?

Yes, it is possible to create an Elemental I/O implementation for any of the example embedded targets, as well as to create an Elemental I/O implementation for custom targets.

The release notes say no (pg 7) but there are already eio's created with the dsp toolkit.

The targets included in the LabVIEW Embedded Development Module are "example targets". The table you referenced indicates which features have already been implemented for you on these example targets, not which features can be implemented. These example targets are not designed to be "out of the box" end-use targets. Instead, they are a good starting point for you to create and add your own custom LabVIEW Embedded target. The LabVIEW Embedded Module for Blackfin Processors is a more "out of the box" experience, as opposed to these example targets.

If so, does anyone know how to import the dsp toolkits eio?

The LabVIEW DSP Module does not make use of the LabVIEW C Code Generator, so the Elemental I/O implementation does not translate to the LabVIEW Embedded Development Module.

Also, the dsk713 examples (all two of them) shipping with version 8.2 are missing the sub-vi's; anyone know where I could download them from?

You apparently have LabVIEW Embedded Development Module 8.2 installed (the current latest version is 8.2.1). If that is the case, unzip the attached file to "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\Embedded\". That should resolve the issue of missing subVIs.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,400 Views)
I am working with Blackfin BF537 LabVIEW 8.2.1 but I have a problem. If send a signal them from a board DAC through DAC0 and DAC1, when I send back signal them in escape from the Blackfin and the shipment to Ch3 and Ch4 without to modify signal them, sees that it signal them is attenuated of 300mV. You can send a VI to me that ago this operation?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,383 Views)
Are you using the audio output on the EZ-KIT? If not, what DAC are you using? One thing comes to mind. The ADC on the EZ-Kit is AC-coupled, so if you are using that, the coupling could have something to do with it.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(8,376 Views)
I'm using the audio output on the EZ-KIT.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(8,367 Views)
Hi,

There is a simple Audio I/O shipping example here: labview\examples\lvemb\Blackfin\BF537\Line In-Out\Line In-Out.lvproj
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(8,320 Views)
I used this example but the output signal is attenuated of 300mV. Why ?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,315 Views)
Hello,

Please start a new thread.

My subject was about the dsk6713; not Blackfins. Future searches for the TI DSP's in this forum will be mislead into this thread and it no longer is relevant.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,310 Views)
The previous poster is correct, please make new threads for unrelated questions. However, in the interest of being helpful, here's a response: The EZ-KIT has an inline bandpass audio filter to pass frequencies in the range 20-20kHz.  This could account for the voltage drop you're seeing.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(8,301 Views)