From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LV / LV-Embedded with Rabbit boards & Dynamic C

Has anyone tried using LV or LV Embedded  ported to a RABBIT board (that may use Dynamic C) ??

I'm starting to contemplate/experiment with this combination and
would like to discuss other people's experiences and
maybe pick up some guidance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,615 Views)
Hi,

I did a bit of research on Dynamic C today, and I'm doubtful that it would be compatible with the generic C code generated by the LabVIEW C Code Generator. I recommend that you research the differences between Dynamic C and C. The LabVIEW Embedded Porting Guide lists the steps required to create a new LabVIEW Embedded target, so use that as a resource.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,608 Views)

Thank you Michael... This is the type of information I'm interested in.

Not knowing the intimate details yet, I would assume (there's that word!) that maybe I could bypass Dynamic-C totally and have everything done via LV-Embedded. 

I will review the recommended manual and reply IF I get it working...  however, any further comments are more than welcome.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,594 Views)
Steve,

If you can find a way to "bypass Dynamic-C" and build a C application, this would be a good start in proving out that you can run LabVIEW-generated C code on the device.
--
Michael P
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,589 Views)