From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC 2206 - Windows XP Embedded (XPe) OR Windows Embedded Standard 7??

Hello. I have to buy a TPC 2206.
Should I buy with Windows XP Embedded (XPe) OR Windows Embedded Standard 7??

I have LabVIEW 2012 (DSC y/o touch pannel module) but I'll probably update to LabVIEW 2014 in the future. (II have to be able to program the computer with both options).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,992 Views)

Hi,

National Instruments recommends purchasing the Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) version of the TPC-2206 for new designs. XP Embedded (XPe) is a legacy item at this point.

Tannerite
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,988 Views)

Ok, But I need to know if I will be able to program the TPC 2206 (witn WES7 installed) with the LabVIEW DSC module 2012 version.

I Know I wil be able to program the TPC 2206 with WXPe with 2012 version.

I understand that there is no problem with the 2014 version but I don't know when I'll update the labview version.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,986 Views)

@CracKatoA wrote:

Ok, But I need to know if I will be able to program the TPC 2206 (witn WES7 installed) with the LabVIEW DSC module 2012 version.

Based on the LabVIEW OS Roadmap, I think you will be just fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,975 Views)

I think that this information does not clarify my doubts. We are talking about the compatibility of a module with a touch panel device (such as compatibility of LabVIEW RT module with a cRIO device).

I have to be sure to program the Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) version of the TPC-2206 from the Project Explorer with LabVIEW and DSC module 2012.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,963 Views)

Hello,

You should consider that it is not possible to use DSC module 2012 with LabVIEW 2014, it doesn't matter the OS version you utilize. The module and the LabVIEW version should match.

Regards,

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,871 Views)